Who’s ready for a 100 degree weekend? Not me! Here are some ideas of local spots to check out to beat the heat this weekend, July 19-21, 2019, and keep your kiddos entertained:
- Check Out Our Splash/Swim Map
- Our hard-working group of local moms have put together this map of every splash pad, pool and sandy beach in the area! If you’re trying to avoid Cape traffic or a big outing to the ocean, these local spots are your best bets.
- Want to skip the sunscreen and sand but still have fun in the water? The Ships A Hoy splash pad located inside Norwood’s Rama Athletic Club delivers! It features all sorts of fun sprinklers and sprayers, including a waterslide. It is $10 per child and is open to the public from 8 am – 12 pm this weekend.
- Indoor Fun
- Supercharged Entertainment in Wrentham just opened, and promises a day full of fun for kids of all ages. It features everything from an indoor, multi-level go kart track to a ninja wipeout course, trampolines, gaming lounge and more!
- little seeds in Plainville is geared towards a younger audience (ages 0-6) but will keep your little ones fully entertained! Check out Community Kangaroo Metro South’s Facebook Live Video to see all that little seeds has to offer. For those of you with a princess lover at home, they are also hosting a Tea Party with Ariel and Rapunzel on Sunday!
- Other Events To Check Out
- Karuna Nutrition & Movement, newly opened in Norwood, is hosting a Kids Breakfast Cooking Class and a Mother/Daughter Yoga Class on Sunday.
- If you have a theater lover in your family, Triboro Youth Theater’s “Frozen Jr.” premiers on Friday, and the Walpole Children’s Theater’s “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” runs all weekend.
- Camp Finberg in Norton is hosting a “H2Glow Pool Party” on Saturday night – the perfect way to cool off after a hot day!
- This is your last weekend to check out Jarvis Farm’s Public Swimming pilot program. It’s $5 a person and open from 10 am – 5 pm on Saturday & Sunday.
Written for the weekend of July 19-21, 2019 by Geena Monahan, a local mom from North Attleboro and Community Kangaroo’s Metro South District Manager.
Community Kangaroo is a guide to life with kids in Boston’s suburbs, covering over 60 towns between Boston, Worcester and Providence. To see the jam-packed event calendar, helpful maps, comprehensive lists of summer camps and more, find your region on the homepage.